Sunday, September 18, 2005

Drunk Boys

Tonight I had a show at the Dunkytowner. For those who don't know, the Dinytowner is a bar in Dinkytown, which is part of the U of M campus. So, as we all know....campus equals drunk college kids. Or girls sitting at the door of the bar in front of a trash can, leaned over, on her way to passing out. Yes, that really happened.

So, in this scenario I do feel a little old and sometimes out of place. I have never drank in my life. Never been drunk or anything. Seeing people totally out of control makes me worried about them and their safty, even when I don't know them. But that's not what I want to write about.

Here it is: I am at the merch table before I go on for my set. I'm just sitting there minding my own business. A few people come and talk to me. Everything is cool. Then a young man comes and sits on the other side of the table with a few friends. This is normal because it's where all the merchandise is so, random people sit at the table.

One of the guys on the other side says, "How'd you get those?" and I said, "What?" and here said, "Those things in your hair." (those things in my hair were rubberbands) So I tell the guy I put them in my hair and he acted astonished that I did it myself (ok, the dude is drunk). Then he gets up out of his chair and comes over to me. He comes in real close and says, "You have beautiful breasts and beautiful hair." Then he slides his hand down my back onto my ass!!!!!! I move his hand and don't say anything. He says something else to me but I don't hear him. "What?" and he says he doesn't remember. So, I say, "Well, I'm about to perform..." - in an attempt to get him to set back a little. He says, "Is that a sign for me to back off? I think that's a sign for me to back off." And he stumbled his way back to the other side.

I saw him try to talk to about 3 other girls. This guy was so drunk he couldn't even act normal, stand up or even sit down without his chin dropping like he was asleep. Normally, I might be offended by what he said but I know that he was totally out of control and bad judgment in the form of alcohol had clouded his faculties to the point where I just felt sorry for the dude and tried to imagine him sober. Was he an asshole when he was sober? Or a nice guy? Hmmm, hard to tell. But one thing I do know is that he's going to have a rough time tomorrow and he won't remember anything he did tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with you. I've seen too many people do too many stupid things to even consider getting really drunk myself. Besides beer tastes really bad so why should I make myself drink something I hate? I like being in control and I know how to have a good time without being drunk on my ass. Hey, I can even remember the good times - imagine that!

Aliecat said...

Gaaa...I hate guys like that! But, you;re right, ya can't hate on 'em too much. He's probably a pretty good guy when he's not loaded.

princess of the poem: Desdamona said...

Seth - the things is. I just hate the way it smells and tastes. I have never tasted beer because I think it stinks so bad. And the other alcohol I've tasted doesn't do anything for me.

So, I will be sober for the rest of my life but I don't feel like I'm missin' out on anything at all. Matter of fact, I might be experiencing more. ;)