Thursday, December 02, 2004

journal entry #1

Hey everyone - well, I know that so far I haven't added much personal information to my blog but I decided today would be the day.

I just read the book, The Four Agreements and I would encourage everyone to read this book. Great Insight and may be the reassurance you need. I know it made a huge change in me. Just trying to spread the love!

Things have been going well for me. The new CD is coming along. Just adding some finishing touches and writing up all the insert text, thanks you's, credits, and all that.

I'm also helping organize and plan a Women in Hip Hop Summit in Minneapolis for June. It's really exciting and I'm hoping for the best. Right now we are searching for and securing funding so that we can make this a marvelous event. If you know anyone with lots of money who loves to strengthen the community - send them my way. This Summit will feature positive images of women, documentaries by and about women in hip hop, live shows, national and international women artists, muralists & visual artists, fashion, poetry & rap. Dj's, panel discussions, breakdancing, intergenerational events, resources for women... the list goes on and on.

It's snowing here today in Minneapolis. Big, pretty flakes. It's not too cold and I like it. It made me smile to walk out to my car this morning and see the snow. As long as it doesn't pile up too much. :)

Ok, I'm off. Going to a museum today to get some inspiration.

Peace & Respect

1 comment:

princess of the poem: Desdamona said...

yeah. He's actually a good friend of mine. Where are you from? and how did you hear about him?