Thursday, May 19, 2005

Beautiful

I love beautiful people
who are ugly sometimes
beautiful people
who wear no disguise
beautiful people
too smart to be wise
beautiful souls & beautiful minds
I love beautiful speech
that reaches to teach
adore wonderful magic
I reach to explore
I'm enamered with love
I want to endure
on & on & on
I love expressive songs
that write the wrong
grateful for the ones
who make me feel strong
keep close to my heart
my own true song
and I sing it on & on
I found my voice not long ago
and I believe in the power
of collective soul
I spread my story
'cause I'm tryin' to relate
believe in the possibility of social change

And I changed my name
'Cause I changed my mind
I changed my direction to see what I could find
I changed my perspective
'Cause I learned somethin' new
I change like the season
that's how I do

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can really relate to this poem i write poems and they r not as good as this 1 but they r good