Monday, August 15, 2005

In the process...

It's been a while. I'm in Philly ending a week long stay to promote my new release, The Ledge. (goto sidebar to check it out on cdbaby.com) It's been a good. HOT trip and I have made many connections and learned a lot along the way. This time around I felt like I was doing a lot of the connecting work. Next time it will be even better.

I met a lot of great people, sold some CD's, spoken to people about some collaborations that I hope to make happen and I performed in some great venues in Philly and NYC.

NYC was HOT...Like, hotter than I can even begin to explain and I had no escape so I just had to deal. Saw the movie Hustle & Flow while I was there and it was better than I had expected. Also played at Asford & Simpson's, Sugar Bar. It was this great little spot in Manhattan and they had incredible sound. ! I played with Gabrielle & Tangible Truth and my friend Rhapsody. The crowd was great and so were all the other performers. I would love to go back and do it all again....without the heat.

Was also on a couple radio stations - Temple University's Radio station in Philly 90.3 fm / and 88.1 fm on Tracee Lynn's show, Writer Blocks. It was great to have the chance to be on Philly radio. Much props to my girls Deirdre & Rhapsody for really making it all happen. Booking, flights, travel and all that including friendship! They went the extra mile to help me out and I am grateful to have people who care so much.

I leave for Minneapolis this coming evening. I wish I could stay longer but I have a feeling I will be back soon.

1 comment:

Aliecat said...

I love your stuff! I saw you 4 years ago at the Red Sea's Amateur Night and haven't forgotten you! Glad I discovered your blog!