Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Babies on Birth Control

Things are getting crazy. Or no...maybe things have been crazy and I'm just realizing it. They are trying to make birth control illegal???? Are you fucking kidding me? Well,a few pharmacists in the Twin Cities area have refused women their perscriptions for birth control because of their religious beliefs. I'm like, those are YOUR religious beliefs, not MINE.

I have never been on birth control but I do use protection and I know that it is my right to be able to choose whether or not I want to use birth control. These people are really losing it, deciding for someone else. Ain't that some shit!

NO birth control. No abortions. But you want me to raise my child so that when they turn 18 you can sign them up for your ARMY, send them off, teach them to KILL (which if I remember correctly is MORALLY WRONG IN YOUR BOOK), and then tell them it is an honor for them to die for "their country". So actually, you will kill them or at least send them to de killed. And that should be ok with me? No.

I believe in this country and what it is supposed to stand for and I am glad that I have spent my life here....there is no question that I love where I came from. It's the people the worry me...actually, scare me to death.

Bombing Abortion clinics = death....isn't that right?

But that's not all....I work with youth in my community and recently a young girl came in and she was complaining about pain from her birth control shot. I was a little stunned to hear that she had gotten the shot but I tried to just listen to her. The problem is that some of these methods we are using completely stop your whole cycle. There is something wrong with this. There has to be some affect that this is going to have - we may not know til it's too late. the second problem is that this is the only protection that these young girls are using. Minneapolis has one of the highest STD rates in the nation so this could out to be devastating to the community as a whole, not to mention these young girls (and boys) lives.

I feel like with all these things we are on the path to self destruction. It's hard to watch it all go down and hear everyone's explanation and excuses.

What's goin' on?

No comments: