Thursday, September 15, 2005

One more thing to fear

Anybody see, “The Next Big One” on abc? Just curious because I caught some of it.

It was basically a show intructing you what to do if there were a nuclear bomb dropped in your city. Things like, take a shower to wash off the radiation right away. Duct tape and plastic windows, etc....and Goto a room closed from the outside. Don't get in your car....Stuff like that.

Well, I'm sure those are all great things to know if something like that were to happen. But something in me feels like the whole thing is just another way to keep us fearful about the possibility of terrorism. It is good to be prepared but there are certain things that you can never prepare yourself for.

I do hope to live a long and happy life but when it is my time to go – it is my time. And hopefully nothing like this will happen in our lifetime or our childrens. It would be a terrible tragedy. And I hope that it would lead us (all of the world) to finally learn that these weapons and wars are not the answers to our problems. They only cause more problems, more destruction, more death, more war, more hate. And what good are any of things?

I don't want to sound pesimistic but sometimes I wonder if the human race is just meant to kill itself off. Like we're a bacteria on the earth and we're going to eat it alive with our wars and garbage. I would prefer to think that we are antibodies and we could change all this. Anybody with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aliecat said...

I totally believe that many in this administration are using fear to blind us to the fact that our civil rights are slowly being chipped away. Remember all those terror alerts? But they have the opposite effect over time, and now people joke about it.
Until we all learn to love and respect one another as human beings, there will always be nukes, wars, and genocide. I hope for the day when these things are unneccessary.