Sunday, October 02, 2005

Poems

Desdamona written April 23, 2005
Twin Cities Tribute
This is as serious as Kanser. I searched the earth and the Atmosphere to find the answer for this D.igital U.nderground Nation. I had this Eyedea to ressurect the Unknown Prophets to remind the I, self, divine that we need to build up our foundation of hip hop respect and put the negativity to rest. But the Truth is a Maze that we trek through and this is only Stage One. We got a lot more to do. So, I prayed to the Mazta. I went to my friend, the one and only Brother Ali. He told me that the answer was already within me and all I had to do is use it. So I use it. Check myself, so I don't abuse it...and I Rek all the Heavyweights who said I couldn't do it. I use my PenSoul as a Manifestor of Mindcontrol and it has been said that I'm O.n S.omethin' P.ersonal. I come Phull Circle. I am the versitile Dialog Elevator, better known as a fierce RhymeSayer. I use Traditional Methods, translate them through the future and Beyond. And all I want is to be remembered when I'm gone. To the CORE this Crescent Moon is a Fundamentalist with Twisted Linguistics and if I get pushed too far Out of Bounds, my opponent will catch a Deadfist . I am a Dtekh-tive so don't try to act like you No-Mi - like using the name my mother gave me, makes you my homie. I got Abilities and I am Illicit, constantly creatin' Many Styles. I use these Inkproof Indigo, Mystic blues to break Illusions and I tell the truth Extreme, always blatant-ly – Insanely Beautiful. Poized and Concentrated I get the crowd emotionally naked. This ain't a game to me. It's somethin' sacred. Like a King, IXL past the mediocrity and I bring into vision Arkology. There is Knonam that can completely describe me. If you can't pronounce Desdamona correctly maybe you can Try-D. I be the lyrical Orikal, the Golden Soundsmith of speech and I'll give it to ya 2Times cause that's how I teach. I got Big Quarters in my pocket. 75 cents from these Odd Jobs – I'm on my knees...but you know I still shine like the Illuminous 3. This new breed is widening the Gene Poole. It's time we leave this Freshnest and send these b boys babies off to school. I watch these Stereotype Click MC's go to lyrical war. These Battle Cats steady seek Xcaliber. This Abstract Pack perpetually rock mics and get wicked with the RDM. Once they tried to school me and make me their Protegee but I was like, “A Money, I'm a Kamillion and I'm gonna do this my own way!” I've witnessed the Carnage and I had the Capacity to endure – waded through the water – proof that I am the Purest Form of flesh while the Gardians of Balance put me to the test. I withstood the HEAT and I made my own way and every experience I had made me who I am today. So, I give Heiruspecs to the peoples pushin it for-words. To all the Native Sons, Native Ones and daughters. This is a Mikchek message and a love letter to all the music makers in these Twin Trac-Cities and if I forgot your name it doesn't mean that I don't think you're worth the time...it just didn't fit into the rhyme and I got love just the same.

R.hythm A.nd P.oetry
(Iwanted to be an MC) Desdamona 1998

Sometimes I rhyme slow / sometimes I rhyme quick / You thought I was Nice -n-Smooth but I'm really just Slick, Rick / “...I tick and I talk...” with my biological clock / And I crawl when I can't walk / I've seen Joy and Pain and realized that there's always sunshine after the rain / I Got it Made / “...got everything from cotton to suede...” / Seen The Ledge from the edge / wanted to be a Leader of the New School
but ended up in Special Ed / They told me I was Too Short and too Vanilla Ice
Said I shouldn't rock the mic because I wasn't Too Hype / They called me MC Lyte and it wasn't because I was skinny / I thought PE stood for physical education
I called in a request and they said I had the wrong station / I drifted from the Pharcyde 'til I saw the De La of my Soul / The beat kept passin' me by so I decided to let it go / I found a honeycomb and that's where I met A Tribe Called Quest but the Killa Bees chased me outta the nest / I just wanted to be a part of the Goodie Mobb but they told me I was just an Outkast and that I would never Everlast /
So I went down to the Lords of the Underground / But they told me not to BustaRhyme / They said, “Common Sense will tell you that it's just not the right time.” / I went from Biggie to Smalls to find lyrcis that fit / Then they asked me if I was ready to be a True Fuschnick / They showed me the M.E.T.H.O.D. And the Treacherous Technics / They blessed me with the rhythm but I still couldn't find the beat / They scribed Hieroglyphics and traced it back to the Roots / I saw The Show and then I got Juiced / I met this cat named Eric B and I asked him to listen / But he told me I didn't Rakim and then he started dissin' / I “...put the needle on the record...” and thought the sound was Mos Def / Went to the store with 50 Cent and bought some Eminems / I passed out on the way back to my house / My mom found me on the sidewalk / with water she doused / She said, “Are you Conscious Daughter? Or should I call Dr Dre?” and I said, “ No, no...it's ok. I just need a tall glass of LL Cool J.” / That night I dremt of Black Stars and jazzy Digable Planets and it made me feel high Then I saw a little Redman floating through the sky / The Beastie Boys who lived next door woke me up / the little creeps / And they said, “If you're gonna be an MC, don't sleep!” / I thought, these Souls of Mischief have got to be Alkaholics / 'Cause they took my bottle of Brass Monkey and then they stole my wallet / That's when I realized that this hip hop thing wasn't for me / So, from then on I called all my rhymes poetry

3 comments:

Aliecat said...

Girl, I love that you wrote that!

princess of the poem: Desdamona said...

yeah. thanks. :) Glad you like.

It was fun to write.

:) des

Aliecat said...

I'm somewhat of a newbie to the local hip hop scene here, so it struck a good chord!