Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A Day in the Sun and The Darkest Night




Yesterday I decided to do something for myself. My friend Rachel and her 8 year old daughter Tiana, along with another little friend went to the swimming pool. It was really good for me. We were only there for about an hour but the mixture of sun and water helped me a lot. I guess I can't really explain what it did but I needed it.

Then last night at the open mic that I host at the Blue Nile Restaurant all these great people kept showing up. People I haven't seen in a while...and people who I really like to see. We had a really good, eclectic show and then around 12:30am the lights went out. But the show didn't stop. There was still the drum and the voice. And everybody stayed for over a half on hour either taking part in the cipher or listening. It was really fun and again, I needed that. The light never came back on so we all left a little earlier than normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our bodies crave a certain amount of sunlight and recently they came out and said 15 minutes without suscreen is good for you. With your complexion I hope you did use some sunscreen. I know I love the sun and can get a little depressed if I don't get out in it.

Anonymous said...

Our bodies crave a certain amount of sunlight and recently they came out and said 15 minutes without suscreen is good for you. With your complexion I hope you did use some sunscreen. I know I love the sun and can get a little depressed if I don't get out in it.

princess of the poem: Desdamona said...

yeah. I wore sunscreen. Once again "anonymous" you sound like my mother.