Friday, July 22, 2005

Sold Out



Not many people can say that they can sell out the largest venue in their city but RhymeSayers can. Tonight was the 10th Anniversary Party for RSE and the place was packed.
I didn't get there until around 9pm. I was hoping to miss some of the crowd. But, when I got there there was a sea of people waving their hands in the air. It was HOT and crowded, loud and fresh. Of course, I missed a large portion of the show but I saw a number of performers. I also saw my girl Rachel across the sea taking pictures from the stairs. Never saw her after that....
I saw a lot of local hip hop cats outside of RhymeSayers like, Carnage, Adam Garcia, Franz Diego, MissRead, Dancin Dave and many more. I'm sure I missed a few because I never really got to the other side of the room.
I couldn't help but stand there and smile at what RhymeSayers has created over the years. I wish them much more success in the years to come and I am happy that they represent Minneapolis and themselves the way they do.

(above is a picture of RhymeSayers artist and my friend, Brother Ali...You're now rockin with the champion!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check out some of my photos from the show. they are edited to ali's "Victory". i don't have his contact but i'd like his blessing/permission to use. if u could direct him to my blog and ask him to post or email if he approves or if he wants me to take off his music.

the photos will print in an upcoming issue of URB magazine (www.urb.com)