Saturday, July 16, 2005

Too Damn HOT!



ok, I'm a midwestern girl. Grew up in Iowa where the four seasons are apparent and beautiful. Now I live in Minnesota which is about 6 hours north of my home town. The seasons here are simliar but after living here for about 10 years I have noticed the difference between here and my origin. Here there are basically 2 seasons. When we get four it's out of the oridinary. This year was one of those out of the ordinary years. We've had every season and I have been enjoying it until recently. Our 7 day stint of atrocious heat has driven me to buy another fan for my house and now I am seriously considering buying an air conditioner. Someone told me they're only $60 at Target. But, since I've waited so long there are probably none left.

Now, I am sort of a wimp when it comes to summer. Unless there is some water around I don't really care to be outside. Give me below 80 degrees and I'm fine. But after that I become sluggish and lazy. As I am now.

It has been above 90 and I know that there are some states that I have been to where the thermostat goes above and beyond what I consider hot. I have expereinced those places and honestly I don't know how people survive.

So, I am trying to think cool thoughts. I brought some bribery treats to my friend Rachel (who has air conditioning)I came with gifts of Hostess Ding Dongs, Hershey's chocolate, Kit Kat, KC Masterpiece Chips and soda. The request was for treats and chocolate so I do believe I came through. And my gift is to sit in the air conditioning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am enjoying your new & improved blog with photos. keep posting!