Friday, July 29, 2005

What a Woman Should Do....

...to keep a man.

It's a set up! I have been reading a hearing these lists on the radio and in magazines. At first, I listened simply wondering what the hell they were going to say. Not that I need a list to tell me how to keep a man but I'm thinking, who wrote this list?

Here are some of the things on the list:
Shave your legs
Don't gain weight
Don't let yourself go
Keep your hair long

You know the rest. Pathetic. Most of the men I know "let themselves" go as they get older. I guess I don't even see it as that. It's more like, you're getting older and you slow down. I just love how women are held to higher standard than men and we are supposed to be the ones who try to "keep a man". How about respecting me enough to want to try and "keep" me. Not keep, as in a "kept woman"....but you know what I mean.

I just think that these days women are pitted against eachother more than ever and lists like these don't help matters. When you tell someone that they have to fight for things it sets them up for failure and disaster when it comes to relationships. It would be nice if the list was like this.

Be yourself
Love yourself
Do what's right for you

Well, that is what my list is. And if and when that person comes around they will see that and say, "well damn, she's a keeper!" ;)

No comments: